We're thrilled you're interested in volunteering with Best Friends Animal Society - Utah. As a leader in animal welfare, Best Friends is quite active throughout the state working to Save Them All™.
All volunteers are required to complete a new volunteer orientation before becoming an active volunteer (excluding volunteering specifically for Strut Your Mutt and Super Adoptions).
To sign-up for an orientation:
2. Click "I AM INTERESTED" under the volunteer orientation date and time that works for you
3. Create or log into your volunteer account to finalize the RSVP process.
A few things to note:
- Please remember your user ID and password when creating a profile, as you will be using this account often for volunteering.
- Pet Adoption Center volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
- If the current listed orientation dates do not work for you or there are no dates listed, please visit the link again in the future to sign-up, it just means they are currently all full.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old (and volunteer with a parent or guardian if 12-15 years old).
- There is an additional form for youth volunteers, so please alert the volunteer coordinator if you are under 18 years old so we can provide you the proper documents and forms.
- We accept community service volunteers depending on the charges. We ask that you complete a minimum of 50 hours with us before we will write a letter to the courts for you. Orientation does not count towards your hours and we ask that you contact the volunteer coordinator prior to signing up for orientation.
Below are some of the many ways you can volunteer:
Pet Adoption Center: Our Pet Adoption Center in Sugar House features cats and dogs available for adoption from our adoption program, Salt Lake County Animal Services and West Valley Animal Services. Weekly shifts are available for volunteers to assist with animal care. Volunteers are required to attend a new volunteer orientation prior to volunteering, and must be 18 years old to work with dogs. We ask that all Pet Adoption Center volunteers commit to volunteering a MINIMUM of 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
Best Friends - Utah is always looking for foster homes for our adoptions program. You can fill out an application and read more about the program here
Community Cat Program:
Our community cat program provides TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) assistance all across the state. Volunteers are needed to help with everything from education and outreach to trapping and care giving of cats.
We partner with several different municipal shelters to provide them with volunteers to assist with adoptions promotions, photography and clerical work.
We offer several different ways to help the public get their animals spayed and neutered. Volunteers are needed to help educate the public about the benefits of spay/neuter and our programs to assist them.
Strut Your Mutt: Strut Your Mutt
is our big fundraiser of the year. The next one is September 13, 2014. Sign-up for updates here
Super Adoption: We hold at least 2 Super Adoptions in the Salt Lake valley a year where we provide the infrastructure for rescue groups and shelters across Utah to showcase there adoptable animals. We have between 800-900 animals available for adoption at each event and about 500 volunteers are needed to make the event happen from set-up to tear-down.
Thank you again for becoming a Best Friends - Utah volunteer. Please also join us on Facebook
and on Twitter
For more information, contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.